Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /nfs/c04/h01/mnt/58577/domains/realfunart.com/html/forums/Sources/Load.php(226) : runtime-created function on line 3
Hello from CzarCastic!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 21, 2019, 06:33:49 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: "The concept is simple, but the strategy behind the game is anything but." 148Apps.com 4.5/5

Real Fun Art :: Forums  |  Real Fun Art  |  Member Introductions  |  Topic: Hello from CzarCastic! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello from CzarCastic!  (Read 4485 times)
CzarCastic
« on: February 17, 2010, 11:52:51 AM »

I didn't see a forum location designated for introductions, so I figured I'd put this thread here for now.  (Maybe you could create an intro sub-forum?)

Tag: CzarCastic

Name: Adrian

Real job?: I work as a financial aid administrator at a large University in Michigan.

What Brought Me Here?: Doug, on the Touch Arcade forums mentioned the forum in a PM.  Apparently I'm member #1!  Woot!

Interests: Videogames, Magic: The Gathering, and other nerd-type stuff.

Other: I'm one of the founding members of an online gaming community called 8-Bit Brigade.  We formed as a dedicated group of Halo 2 players in 2005.  We've had an online presence ever since.  We're about 45 members strong with multiple affiliated sites.  We are spread out all over the world and enjoy gaming together in person and online.  We have regular yearly meets.  This year we're headed to Vegas in July!  We have a wide range of interests including a lot of analog gaming.  I think Jamzu could be a popular game in our group.  I'll do my best to try to introduce it to other iPhone owners in the group (maybe 10 people).  Feel free to check us out if you like.  We conduct regular charity fund raisers, mostly benefiting Penny Arcade's Child's Play Charity.  This past winter we raised over $1700.

When I got an iPhone last fall, I was introduced to the Touch Arcade forums.  I've actively patrolled that site for several months now.  Luckily, my job allows me the time to monitor the site fairly regularly.

I'm new to Jamzu.  Actually, I really don't know much about it at all, aside from the rules that I've learned while playing the iPhone version.  I look forward to learning more strategy!

Anything else, just ask!
Doug Nicola
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 12:35:19 PM »

Hello CzarCastic/Adrian!

You are member #1 on the RFA forums!  Thank you for your fantastic member introduction.  You have set the gold standard for member introductions from here on out.  8) 

A very big welcome indeed from me and Johanna!  (sound of applause)

Your idea for a member introduction forum is great.  I'll be setting that up shortly.

We'll definitely check out 8-Bit Brigade.  Your activities there sound really cool and very fun, especially raising $1700 for charity.  Truly outstanding.

We are honored to have you as our very first member in our forum, and greatly look forward to your participation.  We are simply delighted that you want to spread the word about Jamzu to your friends in 8-Bit Brigade.  We will be posting a great deal of Jamzu strategy tips and tricks here in the Forum to help people learn Jamzu and enjoy the game!

Best regards,
~Doug

Doug Nicola
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 01:23:29 PM »

Thanks to your suggestion CzarCastic, we have set up a member introductions forum and moved your post over.   8)

~Doug

CzarCastic
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 01:39:59 PM »

Good deal!

Might I also suggest an "Other" forum to discuss stuff other than Jamzu, unless you're looking to keep discussion totally on-topic?
Doug Nicola
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 01:50:58 PM »

Another great suggestion.  Thanks CzarCastic!  Will be up shortly.  :)

Doug Nicola
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 02:21:16 PM »

Hey CzarCastic, I just checked out 8-Bit Brigade!  Wow, super amazing site and forum you have there.  I immediately signed up, and will be posting an introduction post very soon.

Cheers,
~Doug
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Real Fun Art :: Forums  |  Real Fun Art  |  Member Introductions  |  Topic: Hello from CzarCastic! « previous next »

Login with username, password and session length